Technical Manager/Architect with Databricks Experience
Founded in 2013 by seasoned data and software consultants, OneSix specializes in leveraging data and cloud technologies to address clients' business challenges. Their team of skilled cloud and data analytics experts guide companies in becoming Modern Data Organizations.
Today, the company has strategic partnerships with Snowflake, Matillion, Microsoft, AWS, Fivetran, and more, to deliver best-in-class solutions to its client base. With a client-centric approach, OneSix has become a trusted partner for organizations seeking to harness the power of data to drive growth.
OneSix is a fast-growing firm with significant career opportunities for motivated professionals who want to help create a unique company. We are committed to fostering an inclusive employee experience that reflects the world we live in today. We’re an equal-opportunity employer that welcomes people regardless of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
As Architect / Manager, you are responsible for leading delivery teams to the successful completion of a project. You are often the most technical person on the team but can also work directly with clients to identify and design the correct solution that meets their analytics use cases. As an Architect / Manager you will be expected to:
- Develop strategies and overall project plan to solve complex business problems across multiple project teams at a client or at multiple clients
- Define the overall project architecture & lead delivery team for implementation of analytics and/or software applications
- Set client expectations on project delivery, scope and timeline
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Engage with executive leadership to deliver solutions and drive projects
- Independently build and maintain strong relationships with clients and identify areas for growth/opportunity to expand our offering
- Mentoring and coach Consultants and Senior Consultants within OneSix to improve their technical and consulting skills
- Prior experience working in Databricks. Experience guiding a client on Databricks best practices and approach to implementing Databricks across the enterprise.
- Experience with up to date features in Databricks such as SQL Warehouses and Unity Catalog
- Can function as an Account Admin to the Databricks environments for the enterprise
- Creating templates to guide and train users on the Databricks platform
- Experience building Databricks pipelines using PySpark, Python, and SQL
- Prior experience working in either Data Warehousing or Business Intelligence background as a Solution Architect, Data Architect or Senior Developer
- Experience solving business problems by turning raw data into actionable insights
- Strong knowledge of data modeling concepts and experience designing and implementing data models for applications and/or reporting
- Experience working with major database technologies along with cloud data platforms like Databricks, Snowflake, Azure Synapse, Amazon Redshift and/or Google BigQuery
- Experience with cloud related technologies AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Strong technical experience in ETL/ELT tools and concepts (DBT, Matillion, Fivetran, Coalesce, SSIS, Informatica)
- Expertise with any Business Intelligence/Data Visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Sisense, Sigma, Qlik Sense, etc)
- Must possess a strong desire to work hands-on developing Data Warehousing, reporting and performance management solutions across a range of industries and functional disciplines
- Demonstrated problem solving and quantitative skills, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills are required